Version 3 of @MrRIMP, my 3D-printed robot that fits in my pocket, is now a year old. Checkout our interview below!
In other words, I’ve been thinking about version 4 Mr. RIMP for a year! Long term I’d like Mr. R to satisfy the following requirements.
- Capable of entertaining interactive behaviors (speech, animation, etc.)
- Easy to create using commonly available Maker tools and components (cheap electromechanical parts, 3D printing, soldering, etc.)
- Customizable at 3D-printed enclosure, hardware, and software behavior levels.
- Leverage some sort of wearable/IoT connectivity (interactivity, provisioning, etc.)
- Have some relevance to my interest in healthcare workflow technology (hence the next section of finite state machines in Python)
This blog post is really intended as just a place for me to archive some links relevant to the above requirements. (I find that I almost never go back to consult bookmarks. However I frequently go back to blog posts. And I like the idea someone else might stumble on this and then who knows what might happen!)
- fysom 2.1.2 pYthOn Finite State Machine
- A lightweight, object-oriented state machine implementation in Python
- A Finite State Machine in Python
- Summary of FSM implementations in Python
- Charming Python: Using state machines
@wareFLO On Periscope!