Eric, you narrate a great YouTube video called Communication and Enterprise Imaging Workflow Optimization.
In the video you note (about 10 seconds in): It’s all about the workflow…
Could you elaborate on some of those bullet points? i.e. Translation, Transformation, Schedule and Criteria based workflow, etc?
Eric Rice, Mach7 CTO:
Translation & Transformation Capabilities
Metadata translation and transformation includes translating study information to a common syntax (i.e. CT Head translates to Brain CT), creating a single Patient ID from sets of IDs across an enterprise, and consolidating one view of a patient’s care history. Automate the creation of orders, the translation of metadata attributes (patient identifications, study descriptions, accession numbers), and the transformation of data into localized information system formats.
Schedule and Criteria-Based Workflow
Scheduling based on specific criteria, for example, maybe I have a remote site that doesn’t have a radiologist on staff after midnight, can I route studies to a different location between 12AM – 6AM (and automatically generate HL7 orders etc.)? Can I send specific images or series to a particular location or workstation, not the entire study? Perhaps I only want to send my thin slices to a particular 3D workstation, or only studies with a description like ‘head’ or ‘brain’ to a given destination. Study, series, and image level routing based on very specific criteria eliminates workflow redundancy.
Study, Series, and/or Image-Level Processing
Unique for Mach7, we process at an image level so we have real data intelligence to find out where each image needs to go. Routing rules may be configured down to the image level and therefore enable the routing/forwarding of specific images – for example, send only the ‘radiation dosage’ series or image to a particular destination.
- What Is Mach7’s Communication Workflow Engine And How Does It improve Clinical Workflow Efficiency?
- Mach7 Has “Industry’s Most Robust and Technologically Advanced Vendor Neutral Platform” What Do You Mean?
- How Does Mach7 Leverage Workflows Optimized By Clinical Specialty And “Next Step” Care Protocols?
- How Can Mach7 Imaging Tech Help Create Ubiquitous, Seamless Patient Data Interoperability?
- Images are the original health IT unstructured data. How does Mach7 release their value?
- Mach7’s Image Translation & Transformation Capabilities? Schedule and Criteria-Based Workflows? Study, Series, and Image Level Processing?
- How’s the RSNA Conference Going for Mach7? Hot Topics in Conversations with Visitors to Your Booth? (6344!)