Healthcare is like a very large insular country that’s been closed off from the rest of the world for a long time but now it’s opening up. The same forces that are affecting many other verticals, such as social, mobile, analytics and cloud, particularly, are also affecting healthcare. This is sometimes portrayed as an almost a perfect storm. We need to be come more social. We need to become more mobile. Etc. But how, given limited resources and creaky old legacy enterprise tech, can we possibly do go in all these directions at once?
— Charles Webster MD (@wareFLO) May 31, 2015
These technologies and these new industries, if you look under the hood, often the most successful platforms have workflow automation, workflow engines, the ability to draw out a workflow or to systematically improve the workflow with the data, possibly big data.
What if I told you that there was an application platform that dramatically reduces time to market, talks to your back-end systems, and has a much better user experience than traditional health IT? Oh, one more thing. Well, actually, four more things. Applications created on this platform automatically leverage social, mobile, analytics and cloud. That’s a modern Business Process Management application platform.
Those folks you hire who are already used to Facebook/Twitter style activity stream user interfaces? That’s the UI to this BPM application platform. (Plus it can appropriately consume and generate public social media content, while securing sensitive content which much be secured.) Mobile? Design your application by drawing workflows and forms. Then push a button, to generate cross-platform and native mobile apps. Analytics, especially time-stamped analytics, so important to find and eliminating bottlenecks, workarounds, and rework, are build into a wide variety of dashboards and key performance indicators. Finally, cloud. You chose. Public or private.
- Reason 1: Health Insurance Is About Risk Management: Health Plans Need to Manage Process Risk Too
- Reason 2: Accelerate Development of Innovative Customer-Centric Mobile Health Plan Products
- Reason 3: Systematically Improve Customer Health Plan Member Engagement With New Products
- Reason 4: Integrate Clinical And Financial Health Plan Systems to Provide Unified View Of Data And Workflow
- Reason 5: Maximize Health Plan External and Internal Workflow And Process Transparency
- Reason 6: Enable Health Plan Workflow And Process Changes Necessary For Accountable Care
- Reason 7: Harness Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud-Enabled Health Insurance Application Development Platforms
- Reason 8: Bring Modern BPM’s Unique Value to Member, Provider, Medical, Benefits, and Claims Management
- Reason 9: Leverage Modern BPM for Health Plans in the Regulatory and Compliance Space
- Reason 10: Turbocharge Health Plan Operational Processes With Same BPM So Successfully Used In Other Industries