Radiology imaging systems have some of the most sophisticated workflow engines in all of health IT. And Mach7 has one of the most sophisticated workflow engines in radiological imaging. Take a look at this cool Legos-based marketecture!
Eric, what is a Communication Workflow Engine and how can it improve clinical workflow efficiency?
Eric Rice, Mach7 CTO:
Mach7’s Communication Workflow Engine is a flexible, fast, scalable imaging workflow engine that dramatically improves medical imaging workflow based on customer-defined instructions. It achieves this through providing the following features:
- Sophisticated routing through intuitive rules-based logic ensures image data is systematically routed to where interpretations need to be performed, from off-hours coverage, teleradiology, specialty reading, to routing at series or image level, or solving modality and PACS routing limitations.
- Advanced pre and post fetching provides relevant priors for comparison before they’re needed; ensures prior image data across disparate PACS systems are moved to the exact system where the exam is to be performed. Support for priority prefetch requests for emergency or walk-in cases through configured HL7 order feeds.
- DICOM normalization from translating study descriptions and modality types to ensuring accession numbers are unique across systems
- Ability to standardize your DICOM and convert PACS vendors’ proprietary presentation state, annotations, etc.
- Supports image data compression and transfer syntax negotiation between modality and PACS solutions
- Easy to use graphical user interface for designing and management of archiving and routing rules.
Mach7’s universal Communication Workflow Engine is a key component of an advanced VNA-based enterprise imaging platform that manages patient imaging data across a healthcare organization’s enterprise. Unlike departmental “point solutions” (PACS, RIS), these enterprise-level platforms offer advanced vendor neutral technologies including sophisticated archiving, customizable communication workflow, and universal visualization solutions that collectively help address patient data management challenges. To recognize true clinical efficiencies, image management solutions must universally provide interoperability across disparate referring facilities, departments, and regional networks. These universal, standards-based VNA Platforms enable communication, drive new revenue channels, speed diagnosis, and reduce storage carrying costs and network latency, helping healthcare organizations achieve their business and patient management goals.
The Communication Workflow Engine delivers capabilities that enable our customers to achieve interoperability within a department, enterprise, or across a region. Our advanced communication engine has solved some of the toughest image routing and sharing challenges worldwide and supports:
- Plug and play best-of-breed specialty visualization solutions and viewers
- Telemedicine and teleservices image routing and management requirements
- Image communication to and from remote sites
- Translation and transformation of imaging data
- Enhanced modality and visualization solution investments