[I’m attending AHIP Institute 2016 in Las Vegas! Tweet me (@wareFLO) for a “Tweetup!” :)]
(Get my whitepaper! Business Process Management (BPM) in Healthcare!)
A major sweet spot for companies today — to both shave costs and increase customer engagement — is to externalize internal enterprise workflows via combination of cloud-based social and mobile workflow tech. When I speak of customers, I’m not just speaking of insured (potential) patients. I include providers, employers, and brokers, and even other stakeholders such as health plan employees and fraud, waste, and abuse investigator. In fact, the entire of notion of customer-facing, self-service portals will expand, eventually, to include everyone who is a customer, which is everyone, even internal health plan customers.
By “portal”, I don’t mean a website. Increasingly portal access is via native mobile apps. Modern Business Process Management applications, built by drawing workflows and customizing forms, without traditional programming in 3rd generation languages such as Java and C# is the key to rapidly creating and testing and improving new mobile health plan products to a wide variety of external and internal customers.
— Charles Webster MD (@wareFLO) April 30, 2015
If you can’t find what you want or need out there among prepackaged software offering… If you’re intimidated by the thought of creating your own software solution the old-fashioned way… Really get close to and understand your customers and create new health plan products and services using a new-fashioned, low-code workflow and work platform….
… Such as the Appian BPM Work Platform. As I mentioned earlier (and I’m sure to mention again, below), I’ll be hanging out at the AHIP Institute Appian booth (1316, next to CMS). Come by to talk shop about healthcare workflow and workflow technology, and see how easy it is to quickly draw and execute native mobile app access to enterprise data and workflow.
@wareFLO On Periscope!
- Reason 1: Health Insurance Is About Risk Management: Health Plans Need to Manage Process Risk Too
- Reason 2: Accelerate Development of Innovative Customer-Centric Mobile Health Plan Products
- Reason 3: Systematically Improve Customer Health Plan Member Engagement With New Products
- Reason 4: Integrate Clinical And Financial Health Plan Systems to Provide Unified View Of Data And Workflow
- Reason 5: Maximize Health Plan External and Internal Workflow And Process Transparency
- Reason 6: Enable Health Plan Workflow And Process Changes Necessary For Accountable Care
- Reason 7: Harness Social, Mobile, Analytics, Cloud-Enabled Health Insurance Application Development Platforms
- Reason 8: Bring Modern BPM’s Unique Value to Member, Provider, Medical, Benefits, and Claims Management
- Reason 9: Leverage Modern BPM for Health Plans in the Regulatory and Compliance Space
- Reason 10: Turbocharge Health Plan Operational Processes With Same BPM So Successfully Used In Other Industries